Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Persian Gulf

Hi!Im going to the persian gulf today!My guide said the depth was average depth of 50 meters and a maxium depth of 90 meters. Its length is 1,000 km and its maximum width is 370 km the total area is 240,000km she was telling me about the good fishing areas that have been affected by petroleum spills(poor fishes!!)my guide also said that the persian gulf holds one of the middle easts largest oil fields.I was looking on the map and the gulf borders 8 countries! witch are Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, The United Arab Emirates, and Oman.I was aslo tolled that the persian gulf has salt and fresh water!(witch is kinda cool!)some wildlife in the gulf are fresh and salt water crabs, small fish and insects and birds who eat them.Me and my guide went to the ships resturant and got some crab my guide got a real gross looking fish I dont remember what it was called I tolled her not to eat it she did though and got food posioning(I tolled her so...)so we went back out on the boats deck(witch was not a good idea)we started to get sea sick they need to keep the kitchen cleaner!(we blamed the food on why we got sea sick)We felt fine befor we ate there food so... well hope we feel better before we go on are next trip ill see you later and keep checking in for more blogs! bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment