Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Euphrates and Tigris River

Hi! Welcome back to my blog over the middle east.Today I am taking a boat ride through the Euphrates and Tigris river. I'm glad because the rub-al-khali is so hot and dry but now I get to go to travel through a river.
(hope I don't fall in!) When I came here around noon I wondered were my guide was with the boat then she came in a smallish boat she said that shallow draft boats are the only ones that can travel through the rivers since there so shallow.My guide pointed out some farmers working with there land and she said that the land on the rivers is very fertile because the rivers flood.My guide was also saying the land between the Euphrates and Tigris is called the ``cradle of civilization`` it supported many civilization's like Mesopotamia witch is one of the oldest civilization (that people know of...)and Babylon witch is a famous biblical city.I also remembered that the Euphrates and Tigris start in turkey and form together in Iraq and it flows into the Persian gulf.The Euphrates is 1,728 miles long and the Tigris is 1,150 miles the rivers end in shatt-al-arab well see you on are next trip were ganna chatch a boat to the persian gulf and by the way I did fall in the water was ok but I would have prefured staying in the boat and my guide laughed when I fell ill have to think of a way to get her back because I fell in because of her she said there was an eel!(so I looked) ya right there wasent one!

No comments:

Post a Comment